“Ensuring the confidentiality and security of our clients and website visitors’ personal and financial data is a top priority for us at 1X Capital. This Privacy Statement outlines the methods by which 1X Capital collects and safeguards your personal information. This statement refers to all companies and divisions under the 1X Capital umbrellas.”
By opening a 1X Capital account or by using 1X Capital websites, you give your consent to the collection and use of personal information by 1X Capital as explained in this Privacy Statement.
Personal Information Gathering
We obtain your personal information both directly from you and indirectly via your relationship with us.1X Capital may use the information you provide to verify your identity and contact information, open a trading account, assign you an account number and a secure password, track your account activity, and contact you with account information, among other things. This information also allows us to improve our services to you, optimize your browsing experience, and notify you of new products, services, or promotions that may be of interest to you.
Most of the data we gather is obtained directly from you.. This information includes your contact information, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address, as well as personal identification data required by law, such as your passport number and/or tax identification number, and information required by law to assess your trading experience and risk tolerance, such as your annual income, net worth, and available risk capital. When you open an account, we also collect demographic information such as your gender, birth date, occupation, and employment status.
You give us this information by filling out the account application and related documentation, sending us an e-mail, or responding to a promotion or special offer.
Your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider (ISP), time stamps, and transaction history are examples of information we collect indirectly from you.
If you close your account with us, 1X Capital will keep your information but will only use it to comply with regulatory requirements and to contact you on a regular basis to offer you the chance to reactivate your account or participate in other offers.
Cookies and web beacons (also known as action tags or single-pixel gifs) and other technologies (collectively, “cookies”) are used to provide us with data that allows us to improve your experience and get to know you better.
Cookies are small text files sent by Web servers and stored on your computer.
When we receive a page request from your browser, cookies allow us to track how you arrived at our site, when you return, which pages you visit, and to recognise that you are already logged in. We may associate the information stored in cookies with personally identifiable information you provide while on our site.We will never disclose this information to a third party.
Cookies are only readable by us and do not contain any personal information or account or password information. We can’t and won’t collect information about other websites you’ve visited.
We may share usage information about our website visitors with reputable advertising companies in order to target our Internet banner advertisements.
Sharing Personal Information with Affiliates of 1X Capital and Non-affiliated Third Parties
Except as described below, 1X Capital does not sell, license, lease, or otherwise disclose your personal information to any affiliate or third party for any reason.
1X Capital may share information with affiliates if it is necessary to provide the product or service you have requested or to provide you with the opportunity to participate in the products or services our affiliates offer.
We may engage another business to assist us in carrying out certain internal functions, such as account processing, fulfillment, client service, client satisfaction surveys, or other data collection activities relevant to our business, to help us improve our services to you.
We may also share client information from our database, including your name, address, phone number, and/or e-mail address, with a non-affiliated third party to help us analyze Determining client requirements, informing clients about product and service offerings, and conducting general marketing research on our behalf.”
1X Capital also forms alliances and partnerships with non-affiliated third parties who provide high-quality products and services that may be of interest to our clients.
1X Capital may share some personal information with these non-affiliated third parties in order to ensure that these products and services meet your needs and are delivered in a useful and relevant manner.
We generally require that all non-affiliated third parties to whom we disclose your nonpublic personal information agree to keep your information confidential and to use it only for the specific “ To fulfill the purpose of our engagement with them or as per legal requirements.”
Furthermore, when non-affiliated third parties make you an offer, we generally require that they disclose that the offer is being extended because of your relationship with us.
We also make every effort to ensure that these non-affiliated third parties follow appropriate data security procedures to prevent unauthorized use or access to your personal information.
1X Capital reserves the right to disclose your personal information to third parties or regulatory, law enforcement, or other government authorities when required by law.
We may also disclose your information to credit reporting or collection agencies, as well as when we believe it is necessary to protect our rights or property.
If you choose to buy a product or service from another company, for example, by clicking on an advertisement on a 1X Capital-owned or controlled website, any personal information you share with that company will no longer be protected by our Privacy Statement.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies or content of the websites to which we provide links, and we have no control over the use or protection of information provided by you to or collected by those websites.
Your Personal Information’s Security
To provide you with a safe and secure trading environment and to protect your personal, financial, and trading information, we use security software, systems, and procedures.
When you open an account with us, we assign you a unique account number, User ID, and password. Your account number, UserID, and password will only be accessible to a small number of 1X Capital employees who need to know this information.
Remember that you are ultimately responsible for keeping your account number, UserID, and password private. We strongly advise you not to share this information with anyone.
We use technology to encrypt information transmitted by or to you on our websites and online account applications. We use CA certificates to authenticate our websites and secure trading and customer-facing applications, allowing you to confirm that you are connected to our websites.
Modifications To This Privacy Statement
If 1X Capital modifies this Privacy Statement materially, the revised Privacy Statement will be promptly posted to our websites. By opening an account with us, you agree to accept the electronic posting of a revised Privacy Statement on our website as actual notice to you.
In certain circumstances, such as when we share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties, you may notify us that you wish to “opt out” by contacting us using the information provided below. It should be noted that an opt-out election made by one account owner of a joint account applies to all account owners of the joint account. An opt-out election must be made for each separate 1X Capital account.
Any disagreements regarding our Privacy Statement are governed by this notice and the 1X Capital Customer Agreement. If you have any questions that are not addressed in this Privacy Statement, please contact a Client Services representative. You may contact 1X Capital for any reason covered by this Privacy Statement or otherwise by following the instructions below:
Devcon Global Markets Inc., doing business as 1xCapital.com (hereinafter referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our”) is dedicated to safeguarding your privacy and the security of any personal information you provide to us.
The Purpose Of This Policy
This policy’s goal is to make you aware of the types of personal data we gather and the potential uses to which we and our affiliated businesses may put them.
If a company is a subsidiary of ours or if both of our subsidiaries are of the same corporate body, then we are affiliated with that company.
We are the data controller for any personal information you supply to us, which means we determine how it will be used and for what purposes.
Any section or portion of a provision of this policy that is or becomes unlawful, illegal, or unenforceable shall be presumed deleted; nevertheless, the remainder of this policy shall remain valid and enforceable.
How We Collect and Store Your Data
When you sign up for our services and throughout our partnership, we collect information about you through applications, emails, cookies, and interactions (including information gained when you use our learning tools, demo accounts and trading simulators).
We may listen in on or record any calls you and we have, as well as all emails and other electronic communications transmitted to or from us.
In order to prevent unauthorized access, we adhere to strong security standards when storing and disclosing the information you have provided to us.
Personal Information We Handle
The following categories of personal data may be processed by us:
- contact details including email details, addresses and phone numbers;
- age or date of birth;
- income, assets and liabilities;
- bank account balances, financial statements, credit reporting information and employment details;
- trading knowledge and experience;
- information relating to your account including your account history, activity and orders;
- IP address;
- social security number, national insurance number, passport or other MiFIR national identifier;
- transaction reporting reference;
- power of attorney / agent details;
- phone device type;
- operating system;
- device ID;
- cookie ID;
- Google 360 ID;
- GUID; and
- information about your use of our services, products and facilities (including information gained when you use our learning tools, demo accounts and trading simulators).
How We Verify Your Identity
We must verify our clients’ names and addresses as well as those of specific third parties in order to adhere to current legislation. When you open your account, we might ask you for physical identification proof. As an alternative, we might check your identity using a credit reference agency. Lenders do not access or utilize our search to determine your creditworthiness.
Use Of Personal Information
The personal data we store could be used for anything in addition to verifying your identification, like:
- considering any of your applications;
- carrying out risk assessments;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- performing our obligations under any contract we have with you;
- administering our relationship with you including resolving queries or issues;
- establishing and managing your account;
- reviewing your ongoing needs;
- providing you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- checking your instructions to us;
- investigating any complaint you may make;
- providing evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us;
- recovering amounts payable;
- enhancing our customer service and products;
- undertaking product development and analysis; and
- detecting or preventing fraud or other crimes.
We may occasionally send you marketing materials by mail, email, phone, SMS, or other electronic messaging services if you have given your agreement to direct marketing.
Sharing Your Information
Your personal information might be disclosed to:
- any regulatory, law enforcement or tax authority;
- such third parties as we reasonably consider necessary in order to prevent crime, e.g. the police;
- our associated companies;
- third-party service providers and advisers who provide us with administrative, financial, research or other services in connection with the services we provide to you;
- our introducing brokers and other commercial partners;
- our professional advisers;
- our auditors for the purposes of carrying out financial and regulatory audits;
- our agents, including credit reference agencies, acting on our behalf, carrying out such credit and identity checks, including money laundering checks, compliance regulatory reporting and fraud prevention checks, as We may also perform other necessary or desirable checks, such as requesting a reference from your bank or obtaining a credit report.. Any third party referred to in this clause may share any personal information concerning you with us and other organizations involved in credit reference, the prevention of fraud and/or crime and/or money laundering or for similar purposes or to recover debts involved;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory or tax authorities and government agencies to enable us to enforce our agreement with you or to comply with the requirements of a court, regulator, tax authority or government agency;
- the purchaser or potential purchaser of one or more of our businesses or product/service lines and their professional advisers; and
- our trade repository.
Personal Data Processing – Legal
The reason we process your information will determine the legal basis on which we do so.
We will process your personal information where you intend to engage into or have already signed a contract with us for services in order to enter into and carry out our contract with you.
We might not be able to offer you some or all of those services if you don’t supply the needed personal information.
No matter where you use our website, we’ll process the personal data that cookies have given us about you.
Your personal information may also need to be processed in order for us to meet our legal and regulatory requirements, such as those related to:
- performing anti-money laundering, terrorism prevention and sanctions screening checks, complaints and investigations or litigation;
- obtaining information about your relevant investment knowledge and experience so that we can assess whether a service is appropriate for you;
- obtaining information about your other investment activities in order to ascertain your status for the purposes of regulations which apply to trading in over-the-counter derivatives.
Additionally, we have a legitimate reason to process your information for:
- performing the services or supplying the products or information you have agreed to receive from us;
- ongoing management of our relationship with you and to maintain contact with you;
- our internal business purposes which may include business and disaster recovery, document retention/storage, IT service continuity (e.g. back-ups and help desk assistance) to ensure the quality of the services we provide to you;
- corporate transactions;
- marketing analytics including marketing campaign optimisation and web analytics to enable us to develop and target the marketing of our products and services;
- keeping our records updated and studying how customers use our products/services;
- developing our products and services, growing our business and informing our marketing strategy;
- defining the types of customers for our products and services and keeping our website(s) and platform(s) updated and relevant; and
- portfolio analysis and experience studies to enable us to improve the products and services we offer to customers.
We will utilize your personal information to enable us to send you personal information about goods, news, and services that may be of interest to you if you have given your consent to direct marketing.
Data Processing Outside The EEA
Your personal information is legally protected to the same extent in all of the “EEA” member nations. We reserve the right to transmit and store the personal data we have about you outside the EEA. Additionally, it might be handled by employees of ours who work outside the EEA.
These employees may be responsible for completing your order, handling your payment information, and offering support services, among other things.
By using model clauses approved by the European Commission, transferring to nations that have been determined by the European Commission to offer an adequate level of protection for personal data, or transferring to third parties who are a part of the Privacy Shield, we will make sure that personal information is given a similar degree of protection when it is transferred to or shared with others outside the EEA.
How long will we keep it?
While you are a customer and normally for five years after you stop being a customer, we will keep information on you in electronic and/or paper files. Your information may need to be kept longer than this time frame in some cases in order to fulfill the objectives for which it was acquired or to meet any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements.
How To Get More Help
If you have questions, please contact us:
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section goes over your personal information rights in greater detail.
The various rights are not absolute and are subject to limitations or exceptions.
You have the right to receive personal information free of charge, except in the following circumstances, where we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the personal information:
- manifestly unfounded or excessive/repeated requests, or
- further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, we may be able to decline the request.
Please think about your request carefully before submitting it. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Generally, we will respond within one month of receiving your request; however, if the request will take longer to process, we will notify you.
To exercise any of the following rights, please contact us:
Accessing Your Information
When can you request access?
You have the right to:
- confirm that your personal information is being processed
- access to your information, and
You have the right to obtain copies of paper and electronic records about you that we keep, share, or use.
To process your request, we may require proof of identity and sufficient personal information to locate the personal information you seek.
When will access not be provided?
We can only provide you with information about yourself, not about other users. We are also not required to provide access where it would be unfavorable to another person’s rights. We may not be able to show you anything we learned in connection with a claim or legal proceeding due to legal privilege.
Please specify the personal information that you require in your access request. If this is not clear, we may not contact you again to request additional personal information.
Modifying your information
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal information about you corrected by us as soon as possible. If you notify us that the personal information we have on file for you is incorrect, we will review it and, if we agree, we will update our records.
We will inform you if we do not agree with you. If you wish, you may notify us in writing that you believe our records are still inaccurate, and we will include your statement when disclosing your personal information to anyone outside the 1X Capital group of companies. You can contact us using the information provided in the section above in the main body of this privacy notice titled ‘Obtaining additional personal information from us’.
You may also have the right to have any gaps in your personal information filled in, including by providing a supplementary statement. Whether or not this is appropriate in any given case is determined by the purposes for which your personal information is being processed.
We must notify any third parties with whom we have shared your personal information that you have requested rectification. We will take reasonable steps to do so, but if it is not possible or would require disproportionate effort, we may be unable to do so or ensure that the personal information they hold is corrected.
If you have subscribed to receive newsletters or other e-mail communications from us, you can opt-out at any time without incurring any charges by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message, or by reaching out to us directly.
International: (334) 220-4676